Why carry water on your back?
Want to move your hydration to your bike without losing the convenience of a bite-valve? Use one of these super simple, but effective Adapter Caps from Hardside Hydration and you can! The SWIG63 Cap makes most* 63mm widemouth bottles hydration hose friendly. The secret is a tiny silicone air-valve that relieves the vacuum pressure without leaking any water. So now you can sip from your favorite bottle hands-free.
- Measure your bottle opening, if its 63mm in diameter and has universal threads (Nalgene standard) then this adapter most likely will fit
- *Fits all 63mm (Widemouth) Nalgene, CamelBak, Polar and Hydraflask bottles
- *Does not fit 63mm Specialized, Kleen Kanteen or Zefal bottles
- Makes metal, plastic and insulated bottles compatible with any hydration tube
- Awesome accessory for almost any cycling discipline: ultra-races to bikepacking
- 100% BPA free
- Two-piece cap design makes it easy to screw on/off and clean
- Includes cap with a silicone air-valve and a "cut to fit" straw (extra valves and straws available separately)
- Also includes a bonus straw so you can switch your Cap on to a different size bottle
- Use your own Tube and Bite Valve or choose an optional Insulated Tube, TruTaste Tube or *NEW* Stubby Tubes (3" and 6" Insulated) all topped with Comet Bite Valves
- Works great with our Flip Clip Hose Mounts and Tether Reels (all available separately)
- Hardside Hydration Lifetime Guaranteed against manufacturing defects
- Risk-Free Purchase: if you're not satisfied, we'll send you a return label and exchange it for free!
- For mounting on a bike, it is best to bend the straw before cutting. Bend it so its end rests in the corner of the bottle and then cut it.
- You want the straw to be at the lowest point when to bottle is mounted on an angle, for example, when the bottle is mounted on the downtube. With a clear bottle, just look to make sure the straw is pointed down with its end at the lowest possible point. With an opaque bottle, line the bend of the straw up with the white air valve and then make sure both straw and valve are pointed down when bottle is mounted.
- It is possible to refill your bottle via the hydration hose with a squeeze filtration accessory, but since the air valve is a one-way valve it's best to unscrew the SWIG cap just slightly.
- Extra valves and straws are available separately, but in a pinch, you can also make your own straw by cutting some hydration tubing
So far this set up has been excellent! It fits relatively well on my 32 oz hydro flask bottle. I gave it a road test before field use and flipped the bottle upside down about 1/2 way filled with water and no spillage. You do have to make sure that the hose is secure to the lid when assembling and the bite valve takes some elbow grease to get attached initially. But overall I'm incredibly happy I don't have to clean a water bladder anymore while I can increase my hydration during hikes!!!
I bought two to use on my Cruzbike recumbent. They work great.
Works and fits great on my Nalgene and Hydropak bottles
Product wasn’t what I was expecting, but they have amazing customer service. Deserving of a 5 star rating for that alone.
This thing is genius! I use this on a 40oz hydraflask mounted on my downtube, or a large nalgene. Being able to carry more water than a normal bottle is great, plus routing the hose to my handle bars with the tehter reel really helps me to drink enough on long rides. I like to keep moving and being able to easily grab the hose and take a drink while still riding really is valuable to me. I have even used this for backpacking, and sliding a nalgene in my pack vs a 2 liter bladder is great for space savings and making loading the pack easier. I couldn't be happier with my purchase!